THE COZI TV 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN RAMBLER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ONLY ONE WILL WIN THE GRAND PRIZE.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Cozi TV 3rd Rock From the Sun Rambler Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to permanent, legal residents of (and who are physically residing in) the Forty Eight (48) Contiguous United States (Alaska and Hawaii are excluded) and the District of Columbia, who, as of date of entry, are eighteen (18) years of age or older and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license in their state/jurisdiction of residence. The following are ineligible: employees, their spouses and immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and any of their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of Cozi TV and NBCUniversal Media, LLC. (“Sponsors”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, cable affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsors, the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
The Sweepstakes is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”). Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, United States territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/HOW TO ENTER. Participants may enter the Sweepstakes from 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on [June 27, 2022 until 9 p.m. EST on [August 31, 2022] (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, participants may log on to CoziTV3rdRockSweepstakes.com during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter by providing and submitting participant’s email address, and all other required information.
To be eligible, entries must be submitted and received within the Sweepstakes Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted. Sponsors’ computer is the official timekeeper. LIMIT: one (1) entry per person, e-mail address and household. Multiple entries received in violation of the above entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any other means that subvert the entry process will be void, will render a participant ineligible and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsors’ sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living individual and the Grand Prize (defined below) can only be awarded to the individual email account holder whose name is on or corresponds to the winning entry. If you choose to submit your entry via your web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents and each of its affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet service provider, telephone, telephone lines or other connections, pre-emptions, blackouts or any other non-controllable acts concerning a television broadcast or incorrect, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, lost, late, garbled or stolen entries or computer transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, pandemic, computer virus, worm, bug or other events or causes which corrupt or undermine the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to award the Grand Prize (defined below) from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
4. HOW TO WIN; ODDS OF WINNING. On or around [September 6, 2022], One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected by Sponsors from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsor’s agent, MAP360 Collective, via email and/or telephone using the information provided by Grand Prize Winner at time of entry and must meet all eligibility requirements including replying to the notification and executing and returning a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) within five (5) business days. Noncompliance with this deadline may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Winning the Grand Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winner will be contacted to coordinate the delivery his/her prize within eight (8) weeks from the date of verification of him/her as the Grand Prize Winner. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsors may share potential Grand Prize Winner’s name and contact information with Sweepstakes Entities and/or any prize supplier/prize provider, as applicable, if necessary.
The decisions of Sponsors in all matters regarding the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
5. GRAND PRIZE AND MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL VALUE (“MSRP”). One (1) grand prize - A 1962 AMC Rambler American Convertible – MSRP $30,000 (the “Grand Prize”). Grand Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize may vary. Any difference between MSRP and ARV will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with their prize not specified herein as being awarded. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by Grand Prize Winner. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Grand Prize will be awarded with all standard factory features and Grand Prize Winner may not have choice of color. Any additional options are Grand Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of valid U.S. driver’s license and legally-required insurance at time of delivery and otherwise meet all eligibility requirements contained in these Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for title, applicable taxes (including without limitation any incremental income taxes and any sales tax), license, registration, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. Grand Prize Winner may also be required to complete additional forms as requested by the entity providing the vehicle purchase in order to claim their prize. Grand Prize cannot be transferred by Grand Prize Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the item detailed above, with no substitution of Grand Prize by Grand Prize Winner. If Grand Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsors, as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules and/or in the applicable entry instructions as being provided. All details of the Grand Prize not specified herein at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
6. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, DISABILITY, ATTORNEYS' FEES, AND COSTS OF LITIGATION AND SETTLEMENT, AS WELL AS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE GRAND PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY GRAND PRIZE-RELATED OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT (I) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE AND WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
All parts of the Grand Prize are subject to availability, and subject to change or cancellation without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions, including but not limited to travel restrictions, taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this Sweepstakes occurs, render the redemption or fulfillment of all or a portion of the Grand Prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion, reserve the right to evaluate, make modifications to, and restructure the redemption and fulfillment processes and timelines for the Grand Prize, or portion thereof, that Sponsors are responsible for, which may include, but is not limited to, providing additional time for redemption and/or fulfillment. Sponsors may modify and/or restructure the Grand Prize or portions thereof to comply with government orders or guidelines and Sponsors' and/or prize provider's health and safety requirements. In addition, Grand Prize Winner should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before traveling. Should the Grand Prize, or a portion thereof, become unavailable Sponsors shall make reasonable efforts to provide Grand Prize Winner with substitute experiences and/or items of a similar nature and value for that portion of the Grand Prize that is unavailable. If no substitute prizing is reasonably available then the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsors' Grand Prize obligation to Grand Prize Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
Grand Prize fulfillment and related activities will take place on a date and time designated by Sponsors and only when and in a manner that it is safe to do so, as determined in Sponsors' sole discretion in consultation with appropriate health and safety experts. Grand Prize Winner must follow all instructions given by representatives of Sponsors and/or Prize Provider at all times.
In connection with any visit to any location in connection with the Grand Prize, please be advised that Sponsors’ policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsors cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
7. GENERAL. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner grants the Sweepstakes Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use the Grand Prize Winner’s name, voice, city, state, picture and likeness, without further compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising, promotion and/or publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and/or such designees and/or in connection with all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. ARBITRATION/CLASS ACTION WAIVER: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT OR CLASS ACTION IN COURT.
The Released Parties and you (“Parties”) agree that these Official Rules affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions.
Any dispute/claim relating to this contract or its breach, the Official Rules or any prize awarded (“Claim”) that is not informally resolved within fifteen (15) days of notice, shall be finally resolved as stated below.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
The Parties agree that the Released Parties and you will resolve any Claim on an individual basis, and that any Claim will be brought in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding (“Class Proceeding”). The Parties further agree that neither will participate in any current or future Class Proceeding brought by any third party relating to the contract, Sweepstakes, Official Rules, Promotion or any prize.
The agreement to arbitrate and class action waiver also apply to any Claims you assert against the Released Parties or their advertisers or their respective present or future parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies.
9. GRAND PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address: The Cozi TV 3rd Rock From the Sun Rambler Sweepstakes, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112 Attn: Matt Howard
All requests must be received by November 7, 2022.
SPONSORED BY: Cozi TV and NBCUniversal Media, LLC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
© 2022 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.